Following the success of the Beginners Barbering Courses, Yazz Hair Academy in Yeadon, Leeds are now offering an Advanced Short Barbering Course for Barbers who want to take the art of cutting men’s hair to the next level.
Advanced Short Barbering Course:
- Course Duration: 5 weeks (Monday evenings)
- Start Date: Monday 5 September 2016
- Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
- Location: Yazz Hair Academy, Regency House, Kirk Lane, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7EP
This short advanced Barbering Course is for Stylists who want to take the art of cutting men’s hair to a more advanced level.
Who is the course for?
Specifically designed to provide students with an intensive 5 week course, in which they will learn the necessary practical and theoretical skills to either work in a barber shop, or become a freelance men’s hairdresser at a higher level.
- Mens Hair Cutting Techniques
- Facial Hair Cutting Techniques
- Drying and Finishing Men’s Hair
What will I Learn?
The course is taught by qualified educators who incorporate a small amount of theory work, special projects, demonstrations and hands-on workshops. Highlighting on current mens looks,your tutor will guide you through the course and monitor your personal progress and will cover:
- Health & safety and Clipper Care
- Scissors – including thinning scissors
- Electric Clippers
- Texture of the hair
- Density of the hair
- Length of the hair
- Natural growth patterns of the hair
- Clients wishes
- Club cutting
- One length to create bulk
- Layering to create movement
- Graduating – accentuate and define outlines
- Tapering to remove bulk and length
- Natural or tapered neckline
- Square and rounded necklines
Throughout the course you will have your own clients to enable you to build a portfolio of all your work, consisting of photographic evidence. You will practice on members of the public throughout this course.
You will need to have models for haircuts each week. Students are required to bring in a camera or camera phone to take photos during this course as part of their portfolio of evidence.
Our courses have a maximum of 8 students per class – offering an amazing student to tutor ratio.
Students may be asked to attend an interview prior to starting their course.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com expressing your interest or telephone our Course enquiry line on 07961 226411.
What can I do with this course?
This course provides a Yazz certification in Barbering.
Equality and Diversity
The Yazz Group is committed to achieving equality of opportunity for all staff, students and members of the community it serves.. In doing so the Academy will actively work to achieve quality regardless of age, race, skin colour, disability, gender, marital status, sexuality or faith.